Hospitals and health systems are finding new opportunities in imaging services to improve or increase radiology service offerings, which can often improve their Emergency Department (“ED”) throughput and\or enhance their inpatient care.
EHC offers unique expertise to your organizations to improve your operations or to assist in the creation of new radiology services within your hospitals’ facilities. These may include diagnostic or interventional services provided onsite or teleradiologically. A financial and operational assessment of inpatient radiology services, including in your Emergency Department (“ED”) and Intensive Care Units (“ICUs”) can improve operations and reduce associated costs of Imaging Services provided by your Radiology Department
- Review existing and\or planned inpatient radiology services and determine the related physician staffing requirements for general and interventional radiology
- Prioritize inpatient radiology improvement opportunities and determine radiologists staffing requirements
- Development of detailed process improvement initiatives
- Review and determine viability and profitability of onsite vs teleradiology (including “nighthawk”) services
- Financial review of existing inpatient and ED radiologist services
- Pro-forma development of planned imaging services specific to physician services
- Implementation of program improvements
Expert assistance in acquiring new resources to provide inpatient and ED radiology services
- Determine community physician availability
- Explore vendor options for radiologists inpatient services
- Develop Request For Proposals (“RFP’s”) for radiologists inpatient physician services
- Assess vendor responses to RFP’s
- Guide facilities in selecting existing or new services for radiology inpatient and ED physician services.