With increasing frequency, hospitals and healthcare systems are using the Request for Proposal (RFP) process to value their anesthesia service and explore options in their incumbent anesthesia group.
A recent EHC survey of more than 200 hospitals found that 1-in-3 have issued an RFP in the past three years, and others plan to do this in the near future. Of those almost half resulted in a change in provider.
Enhance Healthcare Consulting will partner with your group and provide data-driven guidance throughout the entire process. We couple our extensive clinical and operational backgrounds with state-of-the-art staffing and financial models to help your group better understand the reasons for the RFP and work closely with you to craft a market-based response that reflects your commitment to meeting the changing needs of the hospital.
Our broad nationwide experience working with large hospital systems, national anesthesia groups and small local anesthesia practices provides the knowledge and data to help you build a response that is thoughtful, strategic, and responsive to the issues and concerns of your specific facility including:
- Why hospitals seek alternatives to their existing anesthesia groups
- Assessing the relationship that your physicians and/or CRNA’s have with the surgeons, nurses, and other OR staff
- Identifying complacency or other gaps in the service your group is providing.
- Evaluating the appropriate levels of financial subsidy support that meet the needs of the group and the service levels requested by your hospital.
- Recognizing that your group is not indispensable. Other providers are fully capable of winning the business.
- Recognizing the importance of truly knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the other groups responding to the RFP.
- Understanding the importance of data and performance metrics as a key element of your response.
- Putting a portion of subsidy money at risk for jointly measurable quality and performance metrics. This demonstrates that you are truly a partner with the hospital.
- Incorporating value added operational and financial components to align with hospital objectives.