Surgical Services is the key financial driver for all hospitals, often generating 70% of annual revenue. At the same time, the Operating Room is also considered one of the hospital’s most challenging departments clinically and operationally. In an era of reimbursement cuts, many healthcare organizations are relying on surgical services to help improve their bottom line.
OR improvement initiatives start with a formal evaluation of current practices, reviewing data points, such as surgeon block utilization, case scheduling accuracy, surgeon satisfaction scores, surgical volume, and patient throughput processes.
Enhance Healthcare Consulting offers customized perioperative evaluations and makes recommendations to create sustainable improvements within surgical services. We focus on several key elements of perioperative services through an initial assessment followed by an implementation led by a team of subject matter experts.
The benefits of an improved surgical services department may include:
- Aligned goals for Administration, Surgeons, Anesthesia, Nursing and Support Staff
- Improved surgeon satisfaction by providing surgeons a seat at the table
- Better access to scheduling cases in the OR with the ability to increase case volume
- Enhanced OR throughput
- Staffing model that reduces overtime of nursing and anesthesia providers
- Predictable analytics that drive change
- Improved collaboration between peers
EHC’s Perioperative Consulting Services will help your organization meet its strategic goals. Our physician and nursing-led teams have extensive nationwide experience and expertise to identify and resolve issues at any stage of the perioperative process.
To learn more please reach out to us at email@example.com